If you are a health care provider interested in caring for Syrian refugees or other newcomers, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We have an email list as well where you can ask questions and find out about resources as they evolve.
- Healthcare Providers' Guide for Syrian Refugees and other Newcomers in London, Ontario - July 2016
- Caring for a newly arrived Syrian family - Article in CMAJ, January 2016
- Caring for Syrian Newcomers - Video Series - London InterCommunity Health Centre, January 2016
- Short videos on Recommended Screening for Refugees - Transitional Health Clinic for Refugees, Halifax, NS
- CMAJ Evidence-Based Guidelines for Immigrants & Refugees
- Refugeehealth.ca - A comprehensive Refugee Health resource, with an easy-to-navigate search feature and patient handouts in multiple languages.
- Caring for Kids New to Canada - excellent resource from the Canadian Paediatric Society with helpful guidelines and tools.
For your patients:
- Alone in Canada - a self-help guide for newcomers. free pdf download; available in multiple languages.
- Patient handouts in Arabic (many other languages available on the site as well) - refugeehealth.ca